[sword-devel] Initial test SWORD 1.6.0RC1 Ubuntu packages available (was: sword-1.6.0RC1 available)

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Sun Apr 12 22:16:12 MST 2009

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> http://www.crosswire.org/sword/ALPHAcckswwlkrfre22034820285912/alpha/sword-1.6.0RC1.tar.gz

It packages fine.  I've not tested it much beyond that, yet!

Ubuntu Intrepid 8.10-using front end developers can test my initial
SWORD packages of 1.6.0RC1 from my new PPA at

So the way to install these would be along the lines of (apologies for
line-wrapping issues, Thunderbird *really* doesn't want me to send long

  echo "deb
intrepid main" |sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/jmarsden-sword.list
  echo "deb
intrepid universe" |sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/jmarsden-sword.list
  sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com
  sudo apt-get update
  sudo apt-get install diatheke --no-install-recommends -y

There should be 5 lines above, two start with echo and the remaining
three started with sudo.

After that, test away :)

I hope to have equivalent Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 packages in the same PPA in
a few minutes, just in case any front end devs are daring enough to be
working on a beta OS :)