[sword-devel] Proofreading Request: Ignatian Epistles

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Tue Apr 7 00:33:33 MST 2009

Ted Janiszewski wrote:
> I'm working on marking up the Ignatian Epistles in OSIS 2.1.1.  If any
> of you have a minute, could you glance through one of these documents
> and let me know how they look?  Especially the headers.

I'm sorry it took so long to get a reply. I would guess the message got
blocked because of the attachments.

Anyway, the documents both look pretty good, and the headers are very
thorough. (They're quite a bit more thorough than anything I ever manage
to produce, but I'm always targeting a Sword module, and I know that we
throw away all of the header data when we do import.)

I noticed a few small inconsistencies (but not being entirely familiar
with the text, I'm not certain they are errors):

1) The language tag in the <language type="ISO-639"> element in the
header should probably be lowercased. It's customary (and I believe
specified in BCP47) for language tags to be lowercased.

2) Where you make reference to books in the Bible, you should prefix the
reference with the workID (in this case "bible:").

3) The osisIDs themselves aren't entirely consistent. There's an
IgnPol.Long in the midst of IgnPhi.Shorter, and the chapters of
IgnPol.Longer are all Ign.Long, rather than the expected IgnPol.Longer.

I've been working on a few editions of the Apostolic Fathers myself
recently, and hope that someday we will be able to present them via the
Bible interface like other Bible software does (rather than as a GenBook).

--Chris