[sword-devel] Making Import Easier

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon Apr 6 19:35:57 MST 2009

Matthew Talbert wrote:
> As to why the current documentation isn't better, or why there aren't
> more modules in source format to look at,

It's because people don't step up and write the documentation.  I'd love
to include the man pages from Jonathan Marsden in SVN.  Thanks Jonathan,
for stepping up and trying to solve this area where we're lacking.

> it's essentially CrossWire
> policy to keep it so that average users can't create modules easily

This is inappropriate.

Matthew, many on the Xiphos, and BPBible teams,

Most of your team members have unsubscribed from sword-devel because of
various reasons.  In general, I understand it is because you don't like
the way things are done around here; you don't think things are done
efficiently enough-- whatever.

You all really have just turned my love for this ministry into a burden
the past 6 months.

I would appreciate it if you would just please either leave or stop
instigating fights.

I'm tired of the private emails instead of to sword-devel, because you
are making statements by unsubscribing.  The communication with other
projects is just being hurt.  I've felt a real sense of hatred from your
teams.  I've done everything possible to dissuade those feelings.  I'm
sorry things aren't more efficient around here, but it's an open project
and members of your teams have commit access to fix bugs.  I've called
for volunteers to run stable branches (if a stable release is your
latest complaint), and no one steps up.  This is open source volunteer
work.  I'm sorry.  But I'd like to ask one last time.  Please be part of
the community and fix things, and be encouraging and loving, and make
this ministry enjoyable for everyone, or please just move on.

	-Troy.