[sword-devel] How to reverse engineer e-Sword's format (no illegality involved)

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 13:29:10 MST 2009

I've already argued with JB at length about this, and don't care to
repeat it, particularly not here. I just want to add 2 points to what
Chris said.

1. libmdb ignores the "password protection" completely. So anything
done with libmdb would by necessity "bypass" the non-existent
"password protection".

2. Microsoft distributes a program that reads "password protected"
.bbl files just fine. It's called "notepad". Right-click a .bbl,
choose open-with, and choose notepad. Everything is there in plain
text.

I say sue Microsoft and the creators of libmdb for DMCA violations.

Matthew