[sword-devel] Farsi locale for Sword - show stopper

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Fri Apr 3 16:55:59 MST 2009

Great job guys.  I just committed a change to tests/parsekey which call
a locale validator before parsing, so if you use it to parse a locale, e.g.

sword/tests/parsekey jn.1.1 fa

It will validate the fa locale before parsing jn.1.1.

This probably isn't the best place to always validate locales when
testing a parse, but it's not an entirely bad place for now.

If anyone would like to check to see if a locale basically contains all
the entries the engine expects, at a minimum, you can use parsekey to see.

On another note, I found a few of our locales had names specified in the
.conf file which didn't match the filename.  I 'fixed' a few.  I hope
they weren't that way for a reason.

I also noticed out fallback mechanism isn't working right now, e.g.

./parsekey jn.1.1 zh

doesn't work even though there is a zh_TW.  Was there a reason this was
disable, that anyone remembers?

personal update: Landed in NY today at 2pm.  Took the subway into
Manhattan and had a Pastrami sandwich at Katz' Deli with a Dr. Brown's
Black Cherry Soda and a slice of real NY Cheesecake.  I love America.

Waiting for my 6am flight back to Phoenix.