[sword-devel] Farsi locale for Sword - show stopper

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Fri Apr 3 00:35:56 MST 2009

There is some insistent bug in the Farsi locale which makes it basically
unusable. In my own version the first portion of which I attach below I
have eliminated a remaining typo (which should make no functional
difference) and also eliminated several odd codes (u200c) which seem to
create difficulties. But in the end I still can not get sense out of it.
In Xiphos it does not show OT and fails in most two word or longer book
names.

As you are preparing for release, this simply can not get released. I am
also in no position to do any further fixing as I have run out of ideas
and also out of time (I am travelling for ~10 days with no internet access)

Unless someone has a clever idea or simply can create a new locale, the
Farsi locale can not and should not ship.

Below is the first section of the locale which i sanitised of all I
could find wrong with it.

I would be extremely grateful if someone could offer this some love and
knowledge because I despair and I really would like this to be part of
the next iteration. Even a primitive locale without abbreviations would
be of benefit.

Peter

[Text]
Genesis=پیدایش