[sword-devel] my status / SWORD release

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Thu Apr 2 20:33:28 MST 2009

On Apr 2, 2009, at 4:36 PM, Matthew Talbert wrote:

> "isa 1" goes to 1 Samuel
> "isaiah 1" goes to Rev 1:1
>
> I don't know of any other parsing errors in particular, but these two
> make me worried that perhaps there are.

It used to be common for multi-volume books to be written using roman
numerals. The parser has recognition of i, ii, iii and iv (also in
upper case).

I'm going to take a wild guess here based on a little understanding of
the parser.

So isa is broken into i and sa, which becomes 1 sa or 1 Samuel.

In the case of isaiah, this becomes 1 saiah and since saiah is not
known, it goes to its default error verse.

Perhaps the parser has changed to not require a space between roman
numerals and the following word but did before?

Hope this is not a goose chase.

In Him,
	DM