[sword-devel] GnomeSword 2.4 released

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Mon Sep 22 05:11:56 MST 2008

jonathon <jonathon.blake at gmail.com> writes:
> just has 2.3.6.
> Or have I missed something blazingly obvious.

At the moment, I'm having trouble getting updates into the project web
pages at SourceForge, and I sent that before I had tried (failed) to
upload the changes.  /mutter/  shell.sourceforge.net is refusing ssh
connections. I know a lot of changes were happening at SF as they moved
to their new data center, but I don't recall being informed that this
aspect of access was being changed.

But in fact 2.4.0 is there, if you surf instead to the next link down,
"for older releases" which should really say "for other releases",
because when you click that link, you'll see 2.4.0 offered for download.

> Is this 32 bit or 64 bit?

What we distribute directly is platform-independent source .tar.gz.
Distributable binaries are routinely built for a number of platforms:
One of the -devel list participants will see that Fedora repos have the
new version in fairly short order, usually a few days or a week, in both
32- and 64-bit flavors, and domcox has already produced Ubuntu packages
at his personal repo -- when (or whether) GS will get into official
Ubuntu repos is something we don't control.  Several other folks build
for SuSE and other platforms.  I have cygwin binaries in place as well.