[sword-devel] Dictionary ordering

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 20:10:28 MST 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 9:56 PM, Daniel Owens <dhowens at pmbx.net> wrote:
> Ben,
>
> Thanks for the explanation. It seems to me that setting up dictionaries to
> use key retrieval from an uncompressed file with one key per line (ordered
> as the module creator orders it) makes the most sense to me. If that helps
> increase efficiency and preserves the order of dictionary entries, then that
> is what we want.

Would it also be possible to put a space-delimited (or anything else
delimited) list of the order that characters ought to be arranged in
for a given dictionary?  Then the module creator could put them in
whatever is desired in the import file, and the ordering can be based
off of the configuration file.  Sorting would be as simple as
replacing the characters in each entry with an integer and sorting the
resulting vectors.  In the absence of a sort-field, then the module
import file's order could default (or the current behavior, whichever
is deemed better)?

--Greg