[sword-devel] [sword-support] Locales

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Sep 13 00:43:08 MST 2008

I would guess if we build lucene indexes for that Bible, the lucene
would search ignoring accents?

Or that module is not UTF-8?

We have filters that we use on ancient Greek texts that allow searching
regarless of diacritics.  He could add a set for any language, but I'm
not sure if this is the right location to place responsibility.  Maybe
if it was an ICU filter that could work for any language-- like if it's
just a normalization problem.  We could use that one filter for all
Bibles like we do the filter for Greek.

Not sure, just thinking out loud.

	-Troy.