[sword-devel] osis2mod changes for Words of Christ and container elements

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 12:23:32 MST 2008

DM, two questions:

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 1:57 PM, DM Smith <dmsmith555 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>   Added #define INCLUDE_TAGS to include all tags.
>       Currently osis2mod preserves text and most tags.
>       This would include all tags and their attributes, but it is
> turned off.

Why did you turn this off by default?  I would presume it might break
output with filters which are not currently set to strip out this
extra tagset - was that your reason?

>    One thing to note, I've used "genX" as the sID/eID value (where X is
> unique to the pair). This allows for reverse engineering in mod2osis.

What is the value placed in X?  Recreating in mod2osis should be
relatively straightforward if my formulated thoughts on how you
described it are accurate.  However, there would need to be some
indication from the Sword library that we're entering a new
section/paragraph.  I don't believe mod2osis currently looks for any
such information.  Finding those locations seems almost like it would
fall to the filters to have direct access to the module data,
especially for a section which might be placed before the start
milestone for version book.1.1 or book.0.0, etc.

--Greg