[sword-devel] Paite e-Holy Bible

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Mon Oct 27 01:46:01 MST 2008

Dear Hlun,

Congratulations for getting the Holy Bible in your language into
electronically distributable form! I hope and pray it will be a huge
blessing for everyone.

Wrt the use of libsword - You are free to create any frontend using the
sword engine and distribute it freely as you like - just as you are
doing right now.

The only requirement put on you are those of the GPL (General Public
License) which mean that you need to publish the source code of the
software in some form. The easiest way to fulfil the requirements of the
GPL is to simply provide a download for source code where-ever you
distribute the programme from.

Maybe, and that is not a requirement at all, you (or the copyright
owners) may want to consider to distribute the Paite bible module (not
the software) via Crosswire's server, which would widen the use further
and also make it clear to people that there are more frontends (e.g. for
Macintosh, Linux etc)

God bless you!

Peter