[sword-devel] Ideal SWORD Front-end? (cross-platform)

Brian Fernandes infernalproteus at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 08:44:31 MST 2008

I would like to mention FireBible, which uses JSword at the backend and
XUL at the front end - built as a Firefox extension. This allows it to
work across Windows, Linux and the Mac.

Though there hasn't been a release in ages, it's actually just the final
10% of the work left to make the next version release worthy and I have
been too busy with my day job to attend to this, but I hope to have some
free time on my hands shortly.

As Jon mentioned, FireBible benefits from being able to output advanced
HTML and CSS (though it does not do anything fancy yet) and have it
rendered by something as mature as Firefox.

Here is the FireBible home page: http://thegoan.com/firebible/
Here is a blog post on the current status:
http://thegoan.com/blog/firebible-beyond-bibles/

Regards,
Brian.