[sword-devel] How to obtaining Headings, Foot notes, Cross references, etc, in Python

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 17:03:02 MST 2008

You have to pull the headings out of the entry attributes after rendering.
The code to get the headings in BPBible is in the function get_headings
here:
http://code.google.com/p/bpbible/source/browse/trunk/backend/book.py?r=265#298

You would probably need to replace SW.Buf with Sword.SWBuf throughout

To handle the footnotes, crossreferences and strong's numbers BPBible uses
the code here:
http://code.google.com/p/bpbible/source/browse/trunk/displayframe.py?spec=svn274&r=262#155

Which calls GetFootnoteData here to actually get the data from the module:
http://code.google.com/p/bpbible/source/browse/trunk/backend/book.py?r=265#350

God Bless,
Ben
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.
Philippians 4:23 (ESV)