[sword-devel] The Sword Project on OpenSolaris

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Sun Oct 5 18:58:51 MST 2008

Greg, there were approximately two dozen pieces of information in your
message for which I have exactly zero context.  Bear in mind that I have
not used a Solaris machine in the better part of 15 years.

For starters, I have no knowledge of how to configure Solaris' package
manager to use any other repository -- none of this GUI tool's menus
offer any possibility of adding a new repository reference beyond just
opensolaris.org, though there is a combobox in the upper right which
would be useful, if such a thing had been configurable.  At the moment,
it's got just 1 element, opensolaris.org.

Also, you say that libxrender is in "both" repositories, but that's
objectively not true when I am in the package tool, looking at "All"
packages, and I search for "xre" -- empty set.

In general, I have no knowledge of why any particular pkg-get script or
tool is supposed to provide superior configurability beyond the GUI
package tool I'm already using and so I have no reason to suppose it
will be an improvement when the problem is not the package tool itself
but the fact that the package in question is simply not there.

Any further clues would be welcome.