[sword-devel] Small problem with section headers in an OSIS module

Tom Cornell tom.cornell at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 20:34:37 MST 2008

I have managed to get section headers to work in an OSIS module I am
hacking together, to the extent that they show up, at least. And the
very first one, at the beginning of a chapter (after the chapter
title), actually shows up properly. But all of the section headers
after that are causing the following verse number to appear by itself
on a line.

So I'm getting:

Section Header
Text of verse 28

Instead of:

Section Header
28  Text of verse 28

I'm using BibleTime, compiled with  (I'm pretty sure) Sword
1.5.11. I don't think the problem can be in the front end, because the
ESV module behaves just fine in this regard. So I'm pretty sure there
is a wrinkle in the OSIS code that the ESV compilers got right and I
have gotten wrong.

My markup looks like this, basically:

<div type="section">
<title>The Section Title</title>
<verse sID="..." .../>...<verse eID="..."/>

I've tried adding type="section title" to the <title> tag: it makes no
difference. Nor does wrapping the section verses in a <p> element.

Hopefully there's something obvious that I'm missing here that others
can pick up.

-Tom Cornell

More information about the sword-devel mailing list