[sword-devel] linking syntax

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sat Nov 29 15:09:53 MST 2008

Brian J. Dumont wrote:
> Chris Little wrote:
>> A second issue you raised, concerning standard meta workID values: What
>> should we go with?
>> You mention:
>> bible:
>> strong:
>> self:
> If I understand you right, these would give the ability to like to
> Scripture verses, Strong's numbers, and within the current module.  I
> would suggest that this conceptually is insufficient.  For example, the
> Book of Concord (module "Concord") references early Church fathers
> heavily.  I would like to also have a way of linking from one genbook to
> another.

No, like I said, this concerns standard meta workIDs, where the module
encoder doesn't necessarily know the particular module to which he is
linking. He only knows that he's linking to A Bible, A Strong's keyed
lexicon, or the current document (whatever its eventual workID/module
name). All other links are explicitly to those books to which they
refer. As the need for other meta workIDs arises, we can add them.