[sword-devel] Institutes question?

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Fri Nov 28 01:03:50 MST 2008

Quoting Greg Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com>:

> I have been thumbing through Calvin's Institutes and have noticed the
> following things...
>
> In www.crosswire.org/study, when viewing Institutes, the navigation
> keys on the left are totally messed up.
>
> I tried viewing in SVN versions of BibleTime and the keys look
> correct, but going to the Prefaces section then trying to bring up the
> address to the French King, BibleTime crashes, complaining that the
> section isn't there (though I can view it in the swordweb).
>
> Two different renderers, two different bugs, both possibly related
> to the keys.
>
> Is there a bug in the module?  How about the engine?  Or are both
> front-ends just accidentally buggy in the same place?

I have reported about the bug in Insitutes long time ago, IIRC.
Apparently it hasn't been fixed if you have the latest version. I
don't remember what the bug actually was or if it was more related to
frontend than the module, so I may be wrong here.

If you (or someone else) can, try GnomeSword and go through the keys
one by one.

--Eeli Kaikkonen