[sword-devel] Taming Wild Threads

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Thu Nov 27 11:37:40 MST 2008

jhphx wrote:
> Perhaps there could be a place for authors to submit modules for
> validating, or even prevalidating, before they are submit to your queue.
> It could be a place for the more neophyte to partner with more skilled
> volunteers. This of course assumes that there would be, at least at some
> point, skilled volunteers besides yourself.

If this was combined with stuff appearing  via consensus of this group
in Beta, while Chris would be mainly responsible for Beta->Main it would
go a huge way towards alleviating the concerns I wrote about earlier. It
would largely remove the bottleneck and would hopefully be leading to
more rapid deployment of new modules of a good standard.

> Then your queue could be just for validated content to see that the very
> latest best practices are being offered.
>
> Thank-you for all you do.

None of the criticism I wrote before should divert from the huge
gratitude I feel towards all who contribute to CrossWire and
particularly also to you Chris.

But to be vefry clear - I simply do not buy into the itch/scratch
business. I believe what we do here is way more important than that.

Peter