[sword-devel] Module Errors

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Wed Nov 26 11:48:50 MST 2008

Matthew Talbert wrote:
>> General historic policy at CrossWire is: we will not be an authoritative
>> source repository.

I think there is some misunderstanding which keeps creeping up in this
kind of discussions.

Yes CrossWire is not a source of texts. But we regularly do create some
kind of import format which is the last step from xxx2mod. And keeping
this around to allow some easy changes is what we should do.

The round trip is now possible - but is it perfect? And are improvements
via round trip acceptable? If not then the last step before module
creation is a useful thing to have.

for many of us (myself included) teh creation of a module us a
nightmare. But to fix something simple within an existing XML text is
something we are able. Keeping import format round allows people like us
- who know what we are doing, but perform on not too high a level - to
be employed usefully.

And then there are the multitude of dodgy PD texts where we are able to
make OSIS shine, quite irrespective of original source text etc. Markup
of WoJ, insertion of strongs, etc. You have it done once for KJV2003, we
should be able to the same for FarsiOPV, Luther1545 etc. But starting
always from scratch appears pointless in these matters.

Peter