[sword-devel] Taming Wild Threads (was: Getting stuff done (Re: External links))

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Wed Nov 26 09:30:09 MST 2008

OK guys.  I'll make this brief.

Stop whining!  Everyone!

The SWORD Engine has multiple Remote Repo Install for this very purpose.

I like Karl's repo for all the reasons he mentions: quick new useful
modules.

This is not the modus operandi for the CrossWire Remote Repo.  I don't
want to hear about how some of our modules are worse then the ones in
your repo-- we have more and 15 years of history.

We currently have almost the best of both worlds right now: we allow you
to make your own repo and Karl has graciously done that.  It is so
appreciated-- as is all his work.  The next release of the engine
extends Install Manager to programmatically read a master list of known
  SWORD Remote Repos and will automatically populate the user's repo
list, instead of making them find new repos on our wiki.  Then we will
really have the best of all worlds: multiple repos: quickly produced
modules, OSIS validated modules, commercial repos, etc.

Karl and others already CAN release modules in their own repo and are
doing so.  It is only proper for the official CrossWire repo to shoot
for very high standard-- even if we haven't always met them.  If people
would just TRY to help us meet them, then we might release more modules.
  But that's also fine.  I realize people have their own itch and I'm
truly grateful they scratch!

So shut up, kiss and make up.

Also:
I was going to exclaim that OSISHTMLHREF already handles <reference> and
gives back what you'd expect, but it looks like the code was copied from
ThML (I'm not even gonna use blame to see who did it.  I'll take the
responsibility) and instead of looking for the tag attribute "osisRef",
it looks for the ThML attributes "passage" and "version" :)  So, this is
a quick fix and will be in the next rev.  If you need it before the next
rev, you are very welcome to extend the filter and catch the <reference>
tag to handle it correctly.

	-Troy.
	xoxo  ;)