[sword-devel] Getting stuff done (Re: External links)

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Wed Nov 26 03:11:28 MST 2008

Quoting Greg Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com>:

> Likewise.  People (I think Chris is one of the leading people, but I
> might be mistaken on that) ought to stop advocating usage of OSIS
> references for the time being.  They accomplish nothing, since they
> produce nonsense out the other end, being that they're not supported.
> Why BibleDesktop or BibleTime or BPBible don't support sword:// is
> probably because they're all working on other issues right now.  DM
> already mentioned some things BibleDesktop is trying to figure out
> first, the BibleTime guys are actively working on achieving
> independence of the KDE libraries, Ben just explained why he can't get
> support into the current version of BPBible.

Actually BibleTime uses sword:// internally but the rest of the link
specification may be a bit different from other implementations. I
have thought about changing it if necessary. This whole issue is
important enough to be resolved as soon as possible. Linking inside
and between modules should be self-evident feature in Bible software.

We should also have MIME type which makes sharing links e.g. with
d'n'd possible.

--Eeli Kaikkonen