[sword-devel] Getting stuff done (Re: External links)

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 21:12:08 MST 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 11:05 PM, Matthew Talbert <ransom1982 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Since Chris already answered the second one - OSIS has the <a ...> tag
>> - can we just add the osisRef-to-URI and be done with it?  I've messed
>> around in the OSIS filters a bit with my mod2osis edits, and this
>> could easily be added to the logic in there in a few minutes.  What
>> other features do you need, Karl, that SWORD's OSIS
>> implementation/filters doesn't support?
>
> I can't speak for Karl, but I think this would be enough to convince
> me to use OSIS instead of ThML. I would certainly appreciate if that
> were included in the HTML filter.
>
> Matthew

I would just like to add that some short examples of how to use OSIS
and TEI for dictionaries would be very helpful. By examples I just
mean a few entire entries done with different options with comments
explaining what was going on. Linking to the TEI page doesn't help me
very much, because it's hard to tell easily what's relevant and what
isn't. Also, the xsd is huge and a bit overwhelming to me. A few
examples showing how things are commonly used would be a help. What is
confusing is things like Entry vs EntryFree which has been discussed
here, but I'm afraid there are more things like that that *could* be
done different ways, but I really can't tell which is preferred.

Matthew