[sword-devel] iPhone Frontend

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Tue Nov 18 13:02:26 MST 2008

> I had noticed the system in the API and had given it some thought. I
> was not aware of the limitation on the networking though. I was
> thinking that it would be better to just use CFNetwork (or maybe
> NSURL... I'm not sure yet) on the iPhone, and now that I know about
> that limitation I think it will be easier to just code it that way
> from the start.

Have a look at the FTPTransport base class in the engine:

http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/include/ftptrans.h

Transports are added to the engine by extending this class and
overriding at least:

virtual char getURL(const char *destPath, const char *sourceURL, SWBuf
*destBuf = 0);

You can see how the existing impls work as reference:

http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/src/mgr/ftplibftpt.cpp
http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/src/mgr/curlftpt.cpp

Hope this helps.

	-Troy.