[sword-devel] Cross-compiling for Windows

David Barton davebarton at cityinthesky.co.uk
Fri Nov 14 07:31:29 MST 2008

Hi,

I was just wondering how Sword is compiled as a Windows DLL - I'm trying
out Fedora's new feature of cross-compiling for Windows from the comfort
of a Linux box. Unfortunately, I appear to be stumbling at the first
hurdle since it keeps trying to make a Linux build despite me telling
configure that it is a cross compile. (Actually, in some places it tries
to make a Windows build and in others it's trying to make a Linux build
which just ends up in a big mess).

I suspect all of this is just a lack of knowledge of autotools on my part...

Thanks
David