[sword-devel] ESV Study Bible

Daniel Owens dhowens at pmbx.net
Fri Nov 14 00:15:16 MST 2008

As a user/advocate/module developer not a front-end developer...

Looking over the way the ESV Study Bible is displayed online and considering how the various front-ends handle the same module now (a diversity which is valuable), I would think that there are lots of conceivable ways the content could be delivered to users. However, my vote would be that at least one front-end display content in a fashion similar to the online interface. In addition to the Bible window (with xrefs, which are excellent--I checked most of the OT when I was working at Crossway) and verse-by-verse notes, include hyperlinks to other content, such as book introductions, maps, topical articles, etc. within the verse-by-verse notes that open in a new window (such as BPBible's tooltip or BibleTime's mag window or something similar) and can then be closed. The verse-by-verse notes should open automatically, but to keep from overwhelming the user not all content should be displayed at once by default.

The idea of giving the user options for customization sounds very good too.

Just my thoughts... This module is an exciting possibility.

Daniel