[sword-devel] http://karl.kleinpaste.org/sword/scripts/ do not work with arabic life application bible

jonathon jonathon.blake at gmail.com
Sat May 31 14:13:06 MST 2008

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 10:25 AM, John H. wrote:

> is breaking the law when you apparently do not even understand the law

You do realize that if you even accidentally distributed the resource
you scraped, the CrossSword development team can be subject to
conspiracy to criminal copyright charges, don't you?

>You have no idea whether or not I have an electronic license for the life application bible and simply want to use it in sword... y

If you had a legitimate license for the life application bible as a
Sword resource, you would also have the text in electronic format from
the copyright holder to use as your source. You would not be scraping
it off of a website.

>I really would encourage you to read this again: http://www.gospelcommunications.org/terms-of-use/

You also realize that they nearly lost their right to have any Bibles
on their site, because of webscraping.

The license you refer to, applies only to their original content.  It
does not apply to content whose copyright is held by other
organizations.

> You guys have honestly got to stop making such assumptions.

You come in here asking how to do something that is a copyright
violation, and expect people to not make the assumption that you want
to do something illegal.

xan

jonathon