[sword-devel] More unicode questions

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Thu May 22 05:47:09 MST 2008

Hi all,

I have a cp1252 encoded module. I run a striptext on it (or equivalently do
a getRawEntry).
What I get back appears to be utf8. Is this always going to be true?
(when I do rendertext it converts all the unicode symbols to html escapes
properly)

Also, I think that the stringmgr upperUTF8 has to be able to handle cp1252
as well.
Is this understanding correct? (and if so, why is this so?)

It would be kind of nice to have an api guide saying what gets returned from
what in which encoding :)

God Bless,
Ben
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness,
but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish,
but that all should reach repentance.
2 Peter 3:9 (ESV)