[sword-devel] OpenScriptureFormats.org

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Tue May 20 14:42:29 MST 2008

Bear in mind that this is the work of an individual, with a fairly
specific purpose in mind. And the page is also a bit out of date and
fairly inaccurate with respect to OSIS.

The fact that Paratext figures into the evaluation makes fairly clear
that this is a discussion specifically intended for people in Bible
translation organizations, many of which are now much more standardized
on OSIS than they were way back then.

The only really pertinent formats discussed on that page are USFM, OSIS,
and possibly legacy SFM. None of the others have enjoyed significant
adoption.

CrossWire also has a discussion of file formats in our Wiki:
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/index.php/File_Formats. It is likewise
biased, having a specific focus on the needs and interests of Sword
developers.

--Chris