[sword-devel] GenBook osisID and URIs

Brian Fernandes infernalproteus at gmail.com
Tue May 13 10:44:03 MST 2008

> MacSword uses the following schema for URLs:
>
> sword://[<FilterOption[&<FilterOption]@]<ModuleShortName>/<Key|KeyRange>

Manfred,

I'm not familiar with MacSword, do you think you post a couple of
examples with some complex URLs, perhaps those which make use of all the
parts above?

> I have a question about the @ sign. If you bookmark the URL with one in
> it, does Safari retain the full url or does it drop the @ and everything
> before it? It's reported that FireFox does not retain the @ and before.

DM,

I was mistaken. When you load a URL with a username and password, the
moment the page completes loading, the portion of the URL before the @
sign is removed from the *address bar only*. However, if you bookmark
the URL, or if you look at it in the Firefox history, the entire URL is
present, including the component before the @ sign - so the URL can be
saved without any loss of information. Sorry for the mixup.

IE7 apprrently refuses to load URLs which contain the @ sign.

Opera loads / bookmarks URLs with the @ sign without issue, just like FF.

Brian.