[sword-devel] MacSword, GnomeSword and BibleTime choke on Calvin's institutes

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Fri May 9 12:22:30 MST 2008

DM Smith <dmsmith555 at yahoo.com> writes:
> I just looked into a problem report regarding "Institutes" in that it
> did not work on MacSword 1.3.4. It just shows the header.
> It has similar problems in GnomeSword (2.3.3-2.fc8).

Oh, that would be the problem I first reported in ?early '07?.  Sword
key handling code changed, so as to deal differently with trailing
spaces.  The old Institutes module has keys with trailing spaces, and
newer Sword code is unhappy with them.

The solution is to re-import Institutes, by which today's Sword will
eliminate trailing spaces as a side effect.  A new revision with this
fix should be released.  Finney and Heretics have the same problem.

http://www.crosswire.org/bugs/browse/API-81