[sword-devel] Hi I'm new and I am interested to bring Sword to the iPhone platform

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed May 7 10:53:38 MST 2008

Nelson,

Welcome!

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 12:45 PM, Nelson Lim <quinton84 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> This is completely new to me. But these are my thoughts. I have been
> thinking of bringing a solid Bible software to the iPhone platform and I was
> thinking of using SWORD.
>
>  Do let me know your thoughts. I have never used sword before and am in the
> process of figuring out the iPhone SDK. I don't know if anyone has already
> embarked on something like this.

This has been discussed on this mailing list before.  Take a look at
some of the discussions - I believe they were in March and April -
regarding the licensing restrictions on the iPhone SDK and the SWORD
Library licensing.  Unless that restriction has changed or been
lifted, recently, it looks like a native application for the iPhone
will not be possible.

--Greg