[sword-devel] SwordReader - gui vs simplegui

David Trotz dtrotzjr at crosswire.org
Mon Mar 31 21:14:04 MST 2008

Barry,
> It is the appropriate thing to do.  Why not consider at the same time,
> shedding the resource (rc temlate) altogether.  this was only included
> to make a different menu set available to the same source files.  The
> reason I suggest this is that if anyone wants to make a SmartPhone
> version, this cannot currently be built using the rc file; they are not
> supported on the SmartPhone build, at least not using the IDE's that I have.

I spent the evening working on the CommandBar stuff. I think the reason
the current resource won't build for SmartPhones is that the menu
consists of more than 2 items. If you limit the menu's to 2 items then
it should have no problem being fully compatible. We should consider a
better menu system (or at least an alternate SmartPhone menu) if we wish
to accommodate the SmarthPhone. We can keep the resource, as it does not
appear to be the culprit.
Thanks for pointing that out.
--
In Christ,