[sword-devel] mod2osis

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 17 04:26:25 MST 2008

On Mar 17, 2008, at 6:10 AM, DavidTroidl at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/16/2008 5:49:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, chrislit at crosswire.org
>  writes:
>
> Output is to stdout, so you should pipe it to a file. The error
> messages
> are to stderr, so there's no need to worry about it showing up in the
> stdout stream.
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I don't really know how to 'pipe it to a
> file'.  (I avoid the Command Prompt whenever possible.)

It is not possible to avoid the command line here :)

When a program put's its stuff to standard output you can capture it
with redirection by using > filename such as
osis2mod args > wlc-osis.xml
where args are what you gave the program
and where wlc-osis.xml is the name of the file to create.

(Chris, piping is a way to connect one program to another and it uses
the '|' character. The standard out of one program connects to the
standard in of another.)

> Yes, I am only interested in the output.  Is there a simple way to
> unzip a zipped module?  I tried with my standard unzip program, and
> 7zip.  I also tried changing the file extension to .zip, but that
> didn't help.

I use gzip from the following:

http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/