[sword-devel] Future MacSword

Nathan Youngman junkmail at nathany.com
Sun Mar 16 19:14:09 MST 2008

Hi,

Thought I'd chime in on the conversation between Manfred and Greg on
MacSword and the iPhone SDK.

Glad to see MacSword is alive and kicking. The Eloquent wrapper sounds
like a good step, though the iPhone SDK doesn't include garbage
collection (pretty much all the other Objective-C 2.0 features are
intact).

The iPhone SDK does sandbox you into a directory for your application,
but you could use the networking layer to retrieve and install Sword
modules. Perhaps another possibility would be to just preload it with
a few... I'm not sure of the licensing implications, i.e. with ESV,
God's Word, etc.

I did some work on MacSword back in 2002, long enough ago that I'm not
sure if I know how to program in C anymore. :-) If whoever is
maintaining macsword.com could forward nathan at macsword.com to me, I
could at least retrieve my password on the Sourceforge project.
Whether or not I actually am able to help at all is another question
entirely!

Thanks, Nathan.

---
Nathan Youngman