[sword-devel] mod2osis

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sun Mar 16 14:49:26 MST 2008

DavidTroidl at aol.com wrote:
> Thanks.  It worked.  Took about 10 minutes.  The only problem I have now
> is, where is the output?

Output is to stdout, so you should pipe it to a file. The error messages
are to stderr, so there's no need to worry about it showing up in the
stdout stream.

> I checked the folder where osist2mod resides, and the SWORD Project
> folder.  osis2mod only asks for a module name, not a destination.
>
> There is a strange sequence at the end of the listing in the Command Prompt:
>
> Error reading ulBuffNum
> Error reading ulBuffNum
> Error reading ulBuffNum
>     </chapter>
>     </osisText>
> </osis>
>
> That closing verse tag is out of place, as well as the errors.  Any
> suggestions?

mod2osis output is largely broken. So if your interest is in improving
the program, that's awesome, it really needs it. If your interest is in
using the output, you're probably not going to be happy with the
results. It would probably need some post-processing, at the least.

--Chris