[sword-devel] Yiddish New Testament available as a free PDF

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 10:39:12 MST 2008

The person who is behind the reprint is Tigran Aivazian, same as mentioned
recently in connection with the Russian Synodal Bible.  See the
http://www.lulu.com/tigran full list of these reprints  - among which
several more are available as free downloads in PDF format. It's possible
that he might be amenable to collaborate with Crosswire by providing the
source texts for some of these works.

btw.  It is not the "non-ASCII-ness" of a PDF file that makes copy'n'paste
impossible, but the use of embedded custom fonts (or subsets).  See Document
properties option under Adobe Reader file menu, and select the Fonts tab.
Or, more generally, if the document security settings have disallowed
copying.

-- David