[sword-devel] Follow up: Hello from India

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 08:29:15 MST 2008

Also of interest, the Marathi NT translation by R H Kelkar, posted on-line by
his son R R Kelkar in Pune.
Available in PDF format at  http://www.bible-marathi.com/

The text is encoded using the SUBAK font used as an "Embedded Subset".
To convert this to Unicode would require special software.
One possibility to explore is Padma: Transformer for Indic Scripts.
http://padma.mozdev.org/ http://padma.mozdev.org/

My own observations about Padma are recorded in

But first we'd need to obtain permissions from R R.

Devanagari is not that so problematic, Chris.

-- David