[sword-devel] two SummaTheologica modules

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Thu Jun 19 05:53:38 MST 2008

Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org> writes:
> Please take a look at the two Summa Theologica modules I've just
> uploaded. I would like an opinion on which seems to be a better module
> (and should be moved towards the public repository).

There are a number of <reference> items in AquinasSummaTheologica that
contain linked Vulgate references which do not (cannot?) work.

| as one science: "Wisdom gave him the knowledge [scientiam] of holy
| things" (<reference type="annotateRef" osisID="ii.i.i.iii.p4.1"
| osisRef="Bible.VUL:Wis.10.10">Wis. 10:10</reference>).</p>

By comparison, SummaTheologica does not contain the linked reference in
the similar passage:

| <hi>On the contrary,</hi>Holy Scripture speaks of it as one science:
| "Wisdom gave him the knowledge [scientiam] of holy things" (Wis. 10:10).

Even when VerseKey support is complete, there is no module VUL that
could be referenced in this way.  Should the linkage be present at all?
Should the module reference be changed?

There are some linkages to books which I hardly recognized at all,
namely Osee (e.g. /FP/i/Q1/A9), an alternate spelling of Hosea (cf. KJV
Rom 9:25); these are present with and without linkage in both modules.
Perhaps these should be normalized.