[sword-devel] BPBible 0.3

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 19:13:23 MST 2008

Hi Peter,

Currently translations are not possible - but 0.4 should have support for
them.

I'd like to see BPBible as an official PortableApp - which requires i18n
support for a few different languages. Languages needing support include (I
think) Chinese (simplified), English, French, German, Japanese and possibly
Italian. I was chatting with the main PortableApp person and he said he
could provide translators to help with this. He also said people have been
asking for some portable Bible Software.  What he was suggesting was
distributing bpbible with 1 bible - others could be added on if needed. I
think there is a Bible in for each language of these - though some are in
beta.

Back to the XRC question - some of the menus are done via XRC files - other
bits aren't (they are in the python code). I'd just use python's gettext
support for them I think. (xrc does let you do translation, I believe)

However, none of these languages are RtoL -  RtoL is a bit problematic, due
to limitations in the html widget. It's hard to know how well it works
without trying it.

God Bless,
Ben
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness,
but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish,
but that all should reach repentance.
2 Peter 3:9 (ESV)