[sword-devel] [jsword-devel] Burmese rendering, was Portable Bible prototype

Daniel Glassey dglassey at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 14:24:55 MST 2008

2008/6/8 Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net>:
> I attach a screenshot
>
> The differences I found in Gen1:1 are
[differences]
> To be honest I think the problem is with BD. It appears that these are
> similar to characters with diacritics, which should be correctly shaped
> before they are rendered.

Indeed, GS looks correct (from my minimal knowledge of the script from
working on pango-graphite). Have you got pango-graphite installed?
(possibly it is just using the opentype tables, but I don't think
pango has the support for that yet).

fwiw there is a possibility that Java will support graphite in the
future (now that it is on the way to open source) but I wouldn't
expect that to happen too fast. The opentype support in ICU for that
script should come first.

Regards,
Daniel