[sword-devel] BPBible 0.3

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 7 05:10:48 MST 2008

On Jun 7, 2008, at 12:05 AM, jonathon wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 8:34 PM, DM Smith wrote:
>
>> (Such as ISO-639 for languages). I'm not sure that even if such a
>> notion existed whether we could make it understandable to users.)
>
> What about using ISO 15924?
> http://unicode.org/iso15924/iso15924-codes.html
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_15924
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISO_15924_codes

Very interesting. Thanks.

Thinking out loud: I am wondering how complete it is? For example,
ISO639 was relatively incomplete a few years back, but now that SIL
has taken over management of it, it is complete (or nearly so).
Specifically, is there sufficient scripts to cover all the ISO639
languages? For example, Burmese is not part of Unicode yet (SIL
translators are working on getting it in). Which script would it use?

-- DM