[sword-devel] Beta modules

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Thu Jun 5 22:47:25 MST 2008

Peter von Kaehne wrote:
> I just had a look at the beta module section on the server. There are
> many modules now in there for over a year or so.
>
> What exactly is keeping them back to join the ordinary repositories?

Many modules are simply waiting for a version of BibleCS > 1.5.9 to be
released. As soon as that happens, I'll move a bunch of them over.

Others still need testing. Still others have known problems but haven't
yet been updated. And a few have uncertain licensing status.

That only applies to content uploaded by me. I generally don't touch
anything put in the repository by others.

> Can I (or others) do anything in terms of systematic testing to move
> things forward?

Yes, some more systematic testing would be a good way to help, but give
me a day or two past the release of BibleCS 1.5.11 so that I can clear
out the modules that are already ready for release.

--Chris