[sword-devel] BPBible ..........

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Thu Jul 31 02:18:17 MST 2008

Hi Ben .........

Ben Morgan wrote:
> I'm not sure what the problem is likely to be; I just create a SWMgr for
> each directory.
> There's no fixed limit as such on the number of modules.
There was a bpbible.exe.log - attached.  But this is weird - I renamed
the log, and pointed BPBible back to my Sword directory to re-create the
fault.  The problem just doesn't happen now.

There was no error report the first time.  I simply saw the screen
briefly cataloguing modules, and then it bombed out with no error
message.  (Other than the Windows XP message saying that the app was
unstable and needed to shut down).

Anyhow, now I've been able to check some of my 'odder' modules, I see
that BPBible doesn't handle linked verse blocks.  The front end is
responsible for sorting that out.  What happens with linked verses is
that, say, verse 1-6 appears as a linked block in a module, BPBible
displays the entire block for each of the 6 verses.

But it is a really neat front end.  Thanks.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com