[sword-devel] SwordReader PocketPC and SmartPhone CAB files.

SonWon sonwon.1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 19:32:46 MST 2008

David Trotz wrote:
> Most all Windows Mobile applications follow this guideline. While I agree it does feel more constrained; sometimes it takes limits to inspire creativity.

That is why I waited 24 hours to respond, I was trying to think of
another way, nothing came to me.  I hope others have an idea because I
like the looks of the new menubar.
> Certainly lets discuss this further. I would like to hear others opinions as well; including Albert Sites and Barry Drake.

I will look forward to hearing the opinion of others.
> If we diverge to two separate menus we need to implement some way to keep them in sync, so that when a smartphone developer adds a menu item reflecting some new feature the windows mobile devs get the menu automatically as well, and visa versa.

Well if we create an ugly menubar it could contain just two menus with
the rest being control buttons to shortcut frequently used options.  The
two menus could be synced between both menubars.  I would likely want to
compress the Navigate and Menu into icons to maximize the ugly menubar
space.  I think both menubars would be fairly static this way.  Some of
the ugly menubar items would be repeated in the menus.  I don't see this
as a problem.  And provide the option for the user to choose which
menubar to use unless they have a SmartPhone, I like choices.  Although
I would prefer to not have an ugly menubar but would choose
functionality over appearance, within reason of course.  :)

I'll shut up now, until others have a word.
> -
> In Christ,
> David Trotz

SonWon

I choose God and all that my choice entails in this life even unto death and look forward to the new life that will come.