[sword-devel] OSIS Commentary Question for multiverse content

Brian J. Dumont bdumont at ameritech.net
Wed Jul 9 19:01:07 MST 2008

hi all,

I'm trying to prepare an OSIS commentary module (just in the preliminary
stage really), and am having trouble with multi-verse content.  In my
case, trouble means that I don't get any.  I'm trying to follow the
wiki.  This is my sample file:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        <osisText osisIDWork="LutherSermons" osisRefWork="bible"
    xml:lang="en" canonical="false">
        <title>New Testament</title>
            <title type="main" short="Matthew">Matthew</title>
                   Blah blah...
                   This is a test!

for sanity, some output:

    [bjdasc at ascpc24] rpm -q sword-devel
    [bjdasc at ascpc24] osis2mod luther-sermons luther-sermons.osis
    You are running osis2mod: $Rev: 2169 $
    Linking Matthew 1:2 to Matthew 1:1
    Linking Matthew 1:3 to Matthew 1:1
    [bjdasc at ascpc24] diatheke  -b LutherSermons -k Mt 1:1
    Matthew 1:1: Matthew
    Blah blah... This is a test!

    [bjdasc at ascpc24] diatheke  -b LutherSermons -k Mt 1:2
    Matthew 1:2:

So osis2mod seems to think that it's preparing the content for 3 verses,
but diatheke never sees it.  (btw, you don't see the cp command to move
the results of osis2mod into /usr/share/sword because that is done by
root in a different terminal).

Any hints?