[sword-devel] OSIS huh?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 16:43:41 MST 2008

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 6:35 PM, DM Smith <dmsmith555 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Jul 9, 2008, at 6:08 PM, Greg Hellings wrote:
>
>> So I've overcome my problems with the chapter/book titles - I hadn't
>> set the Headings() option to on.  Now that I've figured that one out,
>> I've run into this curiosity.  It appears in the kjvfull.xml (and also
>> in the KJV module), but not in the kjv.xml and so on.  The first
>> occurrence appears to be in Genesis 2.9.  A few words in, I see the
>> following:
>> <w lemma="strong:H00 strong:H06779">made</w>
>>
>> Is that correct?  Should there be a strong:H00 item in there?  It's
>> not there in kjv.xml but it's there in kjvfull.xml.  I'm rather
>> confused by it.
>
> It should not be there. It was a conversion error. I'm pretty sure
> that it is not in the KJV module.

It comes out with the output of the KJV module from the copy of the
module that I have, based off of a download from about a month ago.
=/

On the note of the mod2osis tool, I have almost completely fixed the
discrepancies between it and the original input to the osis2mod tool.
Some reordering of the material in the headers of each Psalm has been
unavoidable (based off of what you said the SWORD Library does to the
input) and there is a chapterTitle attribute on Obadiah in the
original input file which I have not yet been able to reproduce in the
output.  I suspect that it was not accompanied by a <title...>
element, which I am using to produce the content of both the <title>
element and the chapterTitle attribute.

The lack of an XML-aware diff-like tool keeps me from being able to
look at the content of the New Testament because I have not been able
to construct a regex to convince diff to ignore the
order-of-attributes differences.  However, I see no differences in the
actual OT content except those two mentioned above.  If anyone knows a
an XML-aware diff-like tool, I would love to hear about it, as it
would make this much, much easier.

--Greg