[sword-devel] SwordReader PocketPC and SmartPhone CAB files.

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 06:46:41 MST 2008

Hi,

There are two things to note here:
a) the ESV is a compressed module (uses the zText driver).
The zText driver is quite a bit slower than the rawtext one (around 20-30x
slower!)
Here are the times taken to getRawEntry for a compressed and uncompressed
ESV:
uncompressed: 1.89 seconds (this is a good length of time)
compressed: 40.461 seconds (this isn't)

This is a tad depressing - especially since all new modules seem to be being
compressed.

b) the osishtmlhref filter is quite slow.
It took 72 seconds to render the text got above. The plain filter took 10
seconds.

Also, just because a tag is stored inline doesn't mean its faster to leave
it on. If it is turned off, the tag will be stripped out, which should be a
good deal quicker than processing it.

God Bless,
Ben
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness,
but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish,
but that all should reach repentance.
2 Peter 3:9 (ESV)