[sword-devel] SwordReader PocketPC and SmartPhone CAB files.

SonWon sonwon.1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 19:20:39 MST 2008

All great ideas.

Daniel Owens wrote:
> David,
>
> I tested the cab file on my HP iPAQ hx2410, and it integrates nicely
> with WM5. I particularly like the flick and spin (not sure what to
> call it) navigation of the page. My friend with his smartphone skinned
> as an iPhone will be excited to see that. I didn't notice any problems
> that Barry hasn't already pointed out.
>
> I just wanted to be a squeaky wheel about a couple of wish-list items
> (Does anyone mind if I add these things to the wiki page?)
What is the wiki url?

And is verse history there?

>     * font options (font and font size)
>     * the ability to set defaults (like default translation and
>       default display options--I hate having to disable
>       cross-references each time I open the ESV).

Reader should revert back to defaults every time reader is open and
different defaults for different text/module types.

>    *
>

>     * headings appearing before the first verse of the section rather
>       than after--it's a bit confusing to have the heading follow the
>       first verse
>
> Thanks for all your hard work on this--I am excited to see where
> things go as more people are collaborating. In alpha state this is
> looking really good.
>
> Daniel
>
> Barry Drake wrote:
>> Hi David .......
>>
>> David Trotz wrote:
>>
>>> I have assembled a couple of CAB files for the Windows Mobile platform
>>>

>> Another thing to sort out.  If I exit SwordReader using the exit
>> menuitem, it's OK.  If I exit using the close button, as you know,
>> Windows Mobile leaves the program running in the background.  When I try
>> to re-start SwordReader, another instance opens, and won't run properly
>> because the module files are already open in the first instance.
>>
>> God bless,
>> Barry
>>
>> -- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
>> Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
>> our church homepages).
>>
>> Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com

> --
> PMBX license 1502

John Mitchell

I choose God and all that my choice entails in this life even unto death and look forward to the new life that will come.