[sword-devel] SwordReader PocketPC and SmartPhone CAB files.

David Trotz dtrotzjr at crosswire.org
Mon Jul 7 10:41:54 MST 2008

Troy,

> You of all people should know this... :)  SWORD stores all the tags
> inline in the text.  When you start turning things OFF is when all the
> filters have to do work to remove things.  If everything is left on,
> then the text is just handed back as it was stored.  I'm still not
> convinced. :)

I should have known it, but I was honestly confused, but it does make
more sense the way you describe it. My guess is I need a better way to
grow my text buffer. It must be what is slowing me down so much. 'Cause
if I push in a single very long string I can render very fast, but when
I push in a verse at a time, I render very slowly. I will do some more
testing.
In Christ,
David Trotz